This is the introduction and overview to Pink Belt Kickboxing LTD and the Level 1 Instructor Course
PBKB Level 1 – Instructor Coaching Programme (ICP)
Want to help empower women & teach them some awesome skills?
This is a unique opportunity to run the official Pink Belt Kickboxing Group Exercise Programme for your clients, students, friends.
The Pink Belt Kickboxing Programmes offer a unique opportunity for Women of all ages, shapes, sizes and any fitness levels to enrol on a kick ass journey into the world of Fitness and Martial Arts.
This Level 1, foundation course is the starting point in our academy. This will certify you, the fitness instructor, personal trainer or martial artist to deliver the Official Pink Belt Kickboxing Group Exercise (GrX) Programme to women.
This is the Version 2.0 of our course and we’ve jammed so much goodness in to it you’ll be astonished at how much you get for this price!
The Pink Belt Kickboxing GrX Programme
The GrX programme (for your clients/members) is a women only, fitness based, group friendly version of the full empowerment 121 program (taking out defence/sparring etc) so it’s safe for delivery of large groups in a fitness / gym / studio environment.
This is preferred to deliver in Fitness Clubs by Fitness instructors and for individuals in local halls similar tot he way a dance teacher may hire a hall.
We’ve seen this run in various ways. Once an Instructor is qualified and paying their dues, they typically do one of the following:
- Session by session Pay As You Go
This can be run as a bootcamp type programme where you could pack people in for a 6 week beginner PBKB GrX ‘Bootcamp’. We advise a timetable of 2 sessions per week. (all session plans are laid out for you and there are videos for you to follow in the online instructor portal*).
Once the beginner camp is done, they can do the Intermediate camp for 6 weeks and then the advanced for 6 weeks.
For this we need instructors.
The Level 1 Instructor Coaching Programme (ICP)
What the ‘instructor’ gets is a fully loaded online platform with manuals for each module, videos and presentations to follow and make notes from, a full live teaching day followed closely by an assessment day.
There is a full manual with images, teaching cues, pad work set up, basic drills, advanced drills and framework to create their own combinations.
There is also a technique Workbook that must be brought to the live workshop to populate over the duration of the learning with a tutor.
They will also receive the first 6 session plans. 2 beginner, 2 intermediate and 2 advanced via the Online Instructors Portal’s subscription service.
The Aim of PBKB L1-ICP is to develop an understanding of the various practical exercises, movements & sessions that are used in the Official PinkBelt Kickboxing Group Exercise Programme.
Objectives : By the end of the course attendees should be able to:
- Understand the complete process of the Official PinkBelt Kickboxing Group Exercise Programme.
- Demonstrate competent techniques for the kicks, punches & conditioning drills used in the Official Programme
- Understand the session break down for the Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced sessions.
- Safely and effectively use the pads for each of the strikes and drills used in the official GrX programme.
- Demonstrate competent ability to teach and train groups of various abilities and fitness levels using the Official PinkBelt Kickboxing Group Exercise Programme.
Time Table of the live workshop and Assessment Day:
- Introduction and check PARQ / Paperwork
- Tutor led GRX Class.
- Practical: Hand Techniques (Revision of strikes and pads from the videos)
- Practical: Pad Techniques for Punching
- Practical: Foot Techniques (Revision of strikes and pads from the videos)
- Practical: Pad Techniques for Kicking
- Movement Mechanics Workshop
- PBKB Coaching Model
- Assessment Prep
To see more information on what the L1 Instructor Course contains, please click here
This module is what we call 'The Foundations'. For any coach, instructor or teacher in our industry, you MUST understand things like Anatomy & Physiology, Exercise Prescription, Health and Safety and basics in 'how to teach'. This module provides just that!
- PBKB_ICP_L1_201_Essential Foundations – Anatomy & Physiology
- PBKB_ICP_L1_202_Promoting Activity & Exercise Adherence
- PBKB_ICP_L1_203_Flexibility Basics
- PBKB_ICP_L1_204_Nutrition Basics
- PBKB_ICP_L1_205_Aerobic vs Resistance Training
- PBKB_ICP_L1_206 Designing Programmes for Health
- PBKB_ICP_L1_208_Basic Health and Safety
- PBKB_ICP_L1_209_Essential Foundations Manual Review
- PBKB_ICP_L1_210_Module 2 Assessment
This module introduces the Group Exercise Programme and all of the techniques involved in it. You will be able to review the Official Manual at this module.
This module brings a complete overview of 3 Dimensional Movement and how to apply this to Kickboxing (and other activities). You will learn to break down all of the techniques involved in our Group Exercise Programme and effectively teach them.
This module discusses and gives you all of the tools needed for the live workshop and assessment day. You will need to print some of this material to print with you and populate on the day.
This Module requires you to submit essential documentation to us in order to certify you.